Local Business Marketing Online - What Are You Selling?



Would you like to find out what those-in-the-know have to say about business? The information in the article below comes straight from well-informed experts with special knowledge about business.

Now that we've covered those aspects of business, let's turn to some of the other factors that need to be considered.

There are many websites online which have tons of resources, services and articles on how to promote your local business online. Each and every one of them provides lots of deals and false promises. Have you wondered if these ideas actually work? You can actually hurt your business and your online marketing efforts by following fraudulent advice.

While marketing your local business online make sure that you focus on the basics. Online marketing is for fulfilling a purpose. The purpose might include branding, creating awareness, generating leads, increasing sales. Whatever the goal is, it all is useless if it does not involve relationship marketing, connecting with prospects, communicating, reaching out, giving and being grateful.

When I started online in 2004, I read a few blogs on affiliate marketing and I "assumed" I knew it all. I immediately churned out a blogspot blog, slapped a few affiliate banners and waited for sales. I waited many years and I did not make a penny. I even shared my blog with my best friends and was not making a dime. I lost a few friends and gained nothing. What was a I doing wrong? If you have been into affiliate marketing or have been promoting online, you will be grinning. I know that you are probably aware that marketing online is not about pushing an idea, a product, a proposition down somebody's throat. It is not about pitching the next best deal to family and friends. No. This is the best way to get rid of friends and family.

Marketing online as I later learnt is all about building relationships. It is about being there for people in need, answering questions, addressing concerns and establishing yourself as a leader. You might not know it all but it is okay if you are able to share some of your knowledge to help solve people's problems.

Around January 2010 I came across an excellent make money from home product and started making some money online. I used it for barely 2 weeks and then had to head to the hospital for delivery. This product I later realized was working for me because it was helping me build relationships and learn the problems of people I wanted to market to. By understanding their concerns I was able to solve some problems and establish myself as a leader. In return people were interested in purchasing products I recommended.

The product had a 60 day plan which worked for me. It was a step by step plan which forced me to use it. I had a baby in Feb 2010 and that was the end of my marketing efforts. For a few months I did not see a dime. One day I had a direct deposit for a substantial amount in my bank (after 6 months). I traced it back to my marketing efforts performed in January 2010.

Since then I have been consistently earning from that source. I am so grateful for this constant supply which is dribbling in even today. Imagine 1 or 2 weeks of half-hearted work and money for years. Now my child is 2 years old and I have decided to ramp up my online activities and do what I do best - making money online.

What I have learnt over the years is never sell anything (blatantly). Connect with people, build relationships, and gather trust and credibility. One you have the basics correct then the money just follows and not the other way around.

As your knowledge about business continues to grow, you will begin to see how business fits into the overall scheme of things. Knowing how something relates to the rest of the world is important too.
newer post older post